Peace Poster (ART) Competition – 2022/2023
THEME: LEAD WITH COMPASSION
Contest Rules & Regulations
- The theme for the artwork is “Lead with Compassion”
- Open to students who will be 11, 12 or 13 years on November 15, 2022 (ie eligible birth dates are November 16, 2008 – November 15, 2011).
- Artwork must not be smaller than 33cm x 50cm or larger than 50cm x 60cm. (so in the region of an A2 size). Do not mat or frame artwork.
- One entry per student and entry must be the work by one student- Artwork must be the student’s original creation, no duplications will be accepted.
- All media is accepted (chalk, charcoal and pastel artwork is to be sealed with a fixative spray to prevent smearing). Do not laminate entries.
- 3D entries are not accepted. Nothing should be glued, stapled or attached to the artwork in any way
- No lettering or numbering is to be placed on the front of the artwork. Artist’s signatures are to be written on the back of the artwork.
- Artwork should be done on a flexible material so it can be rolled for shipping in a mailing tube. Do not fold artwork.
- Artwork to be submitted by latest 15 November 2022
Posters must meet all the criteria as outlined in the contest rules and regulations. Posters not meeting their specifications will be disqualified.
Judges will evaluate posters on three criteria
Originality; Artistic Method; Expression of the theme: Lead with Compassion
- 1st Prize winner: Agenda Bookshop Voucher Euro 75 & Euro 75 worth of Staedtler products.
- 2nd & 3rd Prize winners: Agenda Bookshop Voucher Euro 40 & Euro 40 worth of Staedtler products each.
- 9 merit awards: Agenda Bookshop Voucher Euro 15 & Euro 15 worth of Staedtler products each.
- At the International level, the winning poster has been sent with other posters from around the world, to the Lions International Head Quarters for the final judging.
- The International Grand prize winner receives a trip to the USA together with 2 family members, and a cash prize of US $5000.00, plus an award.
- There will also be 23 international merit award winners each receiving a cash prize of US$500.00 plus a certificate of achievement.
(Winners for the last year)
The winning entry becomes the property of Lions Club International. Peace Poster images cannot be used without written permission for Lions Club International.
In consideration of the opportunity to enter of Peace Poster Competition, participants agree to allow Lions Club Sliema and Lion Club International to use their names and photographs for promotion and publication purposes. An international grand prize winner is not eligible to receive subsequent prizes in future Peace Poster competitions sponsored by Lions Club International. By entering participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges and Lions Club International.
Lions club international may cancel the contest without notice at any time. The contest is valid where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.